Somerset Housing Strategy
Somerset Strategic Housing Framework
The Somerset Strategic Housing Framework 2018- 2022 has a vision that seeks to achieve the following:
- Strong and effective strategic leadership
- A local economy that provides opportunity for all
- Homes in Somerset that are good for your health
- A society that supports the vulnerable
It is proposed that the vision will be delivered by a range of supporting Priorities and Ambitions.
The Framework is now out for consultation and the report can be found below.
To support the review of the Framework, each Somerset district and the County Council produced Housing Market Profiles to highlight key issues, achievements, opportunities and challenges.
- Mendip [521kb]
- Taunton Deane [509kb]
- Sedgemoor [481kb]
- South Somerset [534kb]
- West Somerset [506kb]
- Somerset County [653kb]
A very successful and well-attended Strategic Housing Framework conference was organised as part of the review on July 12th 2017 at Taunton Rugby Club, with over one hundred delegates attending.
There were 7 key note speakers and the event was chaired by Nick Horne, Chief Executive of Knightstone Housing Association. Each presentation is available below:
- Andrew Goodchild – Hinkley Point C – Housing Impact [1Mb]
- Colin McDonald – Housing Framework Review [1Mb]
- Justin Gardner – Housing Projections [621kb]
- Keith House – How can councils help build 1 million homes? [981kb]
- Mark Leeman and Tracy Aarons – Health and Housing [653kb]
- Nick Horne – No future in the past [602kb]
- Sonia Furzland – Winter is Coming (Welfare Reform) [1Mb]
Working from consultation responses on the Housing Market Profiles and the Workshop Summary, we now have the Draft Somerset Strategic Housing Framework [976kb] and a countywide consultation has now started and runs until 30th April 2018, accompanied by the Equality Impact Assessment [201kb].
There are several ways you can tell us your views or seek further information. Please note that Mendip District Council are coordinating responses to this consultation on behalf of all Somerset district councils, the County Council and partner agencies.
You can complete an on-line consultation response form by clicking this link.
Or, download the document and complete the questionnaire and post to:
Mendip District Council
Cannards Grave Road
Somerset BA4 5BT
Or email your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice please call 0300 303 8588.