Tenants and Landlords Public Meeting 25th September 6-8pm in the Town Hall. Free Entry.
On Monday 18th September, Fair Housing for Frome we hosted an informal get-together upstairs at the Three Swans to look at the issues facing landlords, and to explore the possibility of setting up a Fair Landlords scheme in Frome.
At the public meeting we will explore this further and also look at what can be done to support tenants. We have several speakers , including someone from Acorn, which is a Tenants support organisation in Bristol.
By bringing tenants and landlords together at this meeting we hope to find ways in which both parties can work out fair ways of meeting the issues that both find.
Also, Mendip is setting up a training day for Landlords in Wells. See Below…
Mendips Landlords Training
On the 5th October 2017, from 9:30am – 16:00pm
Elim Connect Centre Portway, Wells BA5 2BE
Covering the following areas:
- Homeless Reduction Bill (Guidance to Act) and implementation
- Compulsory Money Protection for Letting Agents
- Rent Repayments – Housing and Planning Act 2016
- How to ensure electrical appliances are properly safe and compliant (The Electrical Equipment Safety Regulations 2016)
- Consumer Protection – to include lettings fees ban and options
- HMO update
- Housing part of Universal Credit not available for some 18-21 year olds
- Changes to the EPC requirements coming into force in 2018
The training will not only benefit landlords new to the area it will be useful for the experienced landlord/managing agents.
- Full price £20
- Early birds discount £15 (book by 22nd September 2017)
- For two or more delegates you get 10% off.
To book your place please ring 01749 341490
or email PrivateSectorHousing@mendip.gov.uk
Or Carol Plenty on 01749 679553- ext 2208
or email CPlenty@mendipymca.org.uk
Please note there are no parking facilities on site.
However there are public car parks within walking distance of the venue.